Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is a leading health care provider, with private hospitals, home nursing, pathology and Social Outreach and Advocacy services throughout Australia, New Zealand, and the wider Asia-Pacific region.
With over 118 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
With a total of 367 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients, St John of God Midland Public & Private Hospitals is conveniently located within one complex, bringing health care closer to home. First class, contemporary facilities and our distinctive compassionate care will greatly contribute to a healthy future for the people of Midland and surrounding communities.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Geriatrician to work as part of our multidisciplinary Aged Care and Rehabilitation team. You will be responsible for the provision of specialist medical services to our frail elderly patients in both an inpatient and outpatient setting
Our consultants will promote patient quality and safety and provide leadership, training, supervision and education to doctors in training, Health Service Medical Practitioners and other health workers.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake clinical shifts from Monday to Friday as directed which may include participation on the on-call/after-hours/weekend roster.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Current General Registration (or be eligible) with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Fellowship with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent.
- Appropriate training and experience in geriatric medicine.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement principles and experience in implementing and maintaining Quality Assurance Programs together with personal professional development programs.
- Demonstrated competency in providing clinical leadership in a work environment.
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.