Divisional Director, Subacute Program @ Northern Health
Full Time Position .5 Executive Divisional Director Position & 0.5 Clinical
Located at the Bundoora Extended Care Centre
About Northern Health
Northern Health is one of Victoria’s busiest public health services. Our acute and sub-acute health services cover a local community of approximately 728,000 people. During 2015/2016 Northern Health 5 campuses
- treated over 86,000 patients in our Emergency Department,
- admitted 75,000 patients across our campuses
- delivered 3,580 babies
- performed 15,000 elective surgeries
About You and Your Experience
Northern Health is currently seeking an experienced geriatrician or rehabilitation physician to join the Executive team as Divisional Director for the Subacute program and contribute to the ongoing development bed based and consultation services further and develop an existing inpatient consultation service.
About the Position
The position offers an exciting opportunity to further develop the Northern Health services across the specialties of geriatric evaluation medicine, rehabilitation services and palliative care and to provide exceptional clinical leadership and care to older adults across the continuum of health care in our programs at the Bundoora Extended Care Centre and Broadmeadows campus.
1. The Subacute program encompasses all aspects of geriatric care, including inpatient and outpatient services.
2. The Gerontology Department currently has 20 experienced senior medical staff and training program.
3. Located at the Bundoora Extended Care Centre, Plenty Rd Bundoora.
The Subacute Program includes:
- Geriatric Evaluation Medicine inpatients services,
- GE Behavioural inpatient management unit, ambulatory services,
- Transition Care services (home based and bed based), and
- Residential aged care facility on campus at the Bundoora campus
- Specialist Rehabilitation Medicine, Palliative Care inpatient services based at Broadmeadows Health Service.
The time allocation for this role is 0.5 EFT Divisional Director/ 0.5 EFT Clinical
Northern Health also works in partnerships with regional health services i.e. Kilmore & District Health Service.